Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Design and updates!

So about a month ago, if my readers haven't noticed but my posts have been scarce. Since I started my blog, I have been going back and forth about my design and layout, seeing what I wanted from other sites, but not knowing how to put it on my site. Jasc Photoshop is only SO helpful.
Vector Graphic me!



I tried dabbling in paint and couldn't figure out how to make my site look more the like that E-surance commerical!
photoshop + paint attempt


attempt in paint


What I wanted on my site was called Vector Graphics, and I learned that graphic designers can make up to $35/hr and I was not going to pay that! So I did what I always do. I started researching, watching tutorials, and even started going into chatrooms where I met some very helpful people that are so smart!
So yea, making Vector Graphics is no walk in the park. It's time consuming, tedious, and very detailed.

another attempt


But I finally made my banner after a few attempts and practice pictures. I still am going to continue to learn and get better. But I think I am going to start focusing more on my blog posts for a while, and try to work on it all evenly.


first attempt at vector graphics

second attempt at vector graphics
Oh, Amanda!





I'm so proud! Also, for those of you the check into BitsOfChildCare, I've got a couple new blog posts up there. Hope you like and there's more to come!



Warning on the new Nintendo DS



Top Ten Potty Training Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment